Client Pain Points
Our client recently formed a small internal Sustainability unit to manage a company-wide volunteer team. The team had crowdsourced ideas for sustainability initiatives and chosen to focus on a range of issues - from office greening programs, environmental justice, equity and inclusion, volunteerism and philanthropy. Members of the volunteer team often changed from year to year, making it difficult to keep moving forward -every year felt like they were starting from scratch with little institutional knowledge of what happened in previous years. They were seeking a solution to:
- Access expert coaching for the internal Sustainability unit
- Develop a vision and action plan to bring everyone together
- Set up a system to keep track of progress made across the volunteer team
The company had calculated its carbon footprint for several years using a free spreadsheet provided by the local government. However, the spreadsheet was outdated and no one understood the assumptions built into the calculations. They were looking for a new up-to-date carbon footprint solution.
Impacti offered our SDG and CARBON solutions backed with BOOST expert consultancy support to solve this client's pain points.
Our SDG solution helped the company to:
- Map their sustainability issues to official SDGs - SDGs 4, 10, 12 and 17.
- Better communicate their initiatives to Board members, employees and clients using SDG language
- Set up an SDG Action Plan accessible online to all volunteer team members to upload notes and documents on progress made and meetings held
- Create automated SDG reports on demand, to answer requests from Board members and to include in staff newsletters
- Get connected to other SDG initiatives happening across their region and country
Our CARBON solution helped the company to:
- Access expert insights to gain confidence that the company was building an accurate GHG Protocol-compliant carbon footprint
- Make data entry simple through guided questions and online webforms
- Get visualized results of their emission breakdown and carbon hotspots
- Help design greening actions to tackle their most significant emission sources
With these systems set up, the company is now ready to add data in real-time and show achievements made from year to year, backed by data. The internal Sustainability team checks in with Impacti experts on a quarterly basis and as needed, to get bespoke advice and expert insights.
Through our collaboration, the company saw the following improvements:
- Increased buy-in and engagement from Board members and company-wide staff in their SDG-linked sustainability actions
- Strengthened internal expertise of the Sustainability unit, requiring less and less external consultancy support
- 30% time and resources saved during the carbon footprint accounting exercise
- Smooth transitions and continued progress on sustainability initiatives despite staff changes
Get in touch
Interested in a similar solution for your company? Sign up now to get instant access to our CARBON and SDG solutions or book a demo with our experts to learn more.